Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Filter - New Data

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Dear Experts,

Note: Below data in Sheet A and Sheet B both are separate spread sheet for your easy reference I have given on single spread sheet with multiple tabs

How to apply filter for multiple headers / Fields in the Sheet A Filter the Data from "C1 to I1" - Price 1-Jan / Price 2-Jan/Price 3-Jan/Price 4-Jan/Price 5-Jan/Price 6-Jan/Price 7-Jan

details and then that details should be join with Sheet  B "C1 to I1"details - Rate 1-Jan / Rate 2-Jan / Rate 3-Jan/ Rate 4-Jan/ Rate 5-Jan/ Rate 6-Jan/ Rate 7-Jan

and final output should be referring the tab name 'Output Required for Jan'

Name Jan Price 1-Jan Price 2-JanPrice 3-Jan Price 4-JanPrice 5-JanPrice 6-JanPrice 7-Jan Rate 1-JanRate 2-Jan       Rate 3-JanRate 4-JanRate 5-JanRate 6-JanRate 7-Jan

Likewise, next month if I run the workflow it automatically taken the data only for Feb the respective months rest of the month details to be ignored 

8 REPLIES 8
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

Do the newest months data is always in the same column? If yes my solution will work.

Emil_Kos_0-1615187164745.png

I am using dynamic select to take into consideration the first 10 columns. 

[FieldNumber]<10

If the data sets are always the same and you don't have any reference for the newest month or date it will be hard to provide you with a solution that is fully automated. 

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot it help somehow practically  however month on month  it should be pickup the next month details and join and give the output for this i need solution 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

How we can know which month we need to pick up? This file structure is changing month over month or it is always the same?

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

If we are running the report for Mar 2021 the details pick the Mar details from Sheet A and Sheet B then combine give the output.

If we are running the report for Apr 2021 the details pick the Apr details from Sheet A and Sheet B then combine give the output.

The column I means headers wont changed eveymonth but the numbers only changed

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

How the workflow should know if I am running it for April. When I am running it in April it is may so I just need to dynamically filter for the previous month? 

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

How the workflow should know if I am running it for April. When I am running it in April it is may so I just need to dynamically filter for the previous month? 

Can you help me with the dynamic filters for the previous month 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @STAR1BANU,

This will show only the data for the previous month:

In order to select the correct columns, I am taking into consideration only the first column or the previous month data. 

[FieldNumber]=1 OR Contains([Name], DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-1,'month'),'%b'))

Emil_Kos_0-1615194974041.png

The output:

Emil_Kos_1-1615195032456.png

STAR1BANU
8 - Asteroid

Awesome this is what I need - Thanks a lot for your prompt response👌

Labels