Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Divide String ABCadMunicipalMarketBudget to ABCad Municipal Market Budget

saachitalwar
8 - Asteroid

How can I transform a string like the aforementioned method

13 REPLIES 13
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Is there consistent logic to determine how the split should occur? Right now, it only seems like you could do it on word length (i.e. first word is 5 digits, second word is 9 digits, etc.)

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@alexnajm Perhaps, ignore any initial sequence of capital letters, but the splits would be at every Capital letter from there forward?

All the best,

BS

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Fair shout @BS_THE_ANALYST ! Let see what @saachitalwar has to say 😊

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@saachitalwar 
Try

Regex_replace([field],'([a-z])([A-Z])','\1 \2\',0)

This should put a space between lowercase and capital letters

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@saachitalwar If there's multiple words using @OllieClarke logic, I'd do something like this:

Just remember to uncheck "CASE INSENSITIVE" options in the regex tools, or if you're using a formula like Ollie, you may need to add an additional parameter into the regex_replace tool to allow it to be case sensitive. It's case insensitive by default: REGEX_Match(String,pattern,icase) https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/functions/string-functions.html#idm45439286131424 

([A-Z]+[^A-Z]+)

Screenshot 2024-04-29 093234.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Good point @BS_THE_ANALYST, I've edited my formula to include the case insensitivity flag turned off

saachitalwar
8 - Asteroid

Hi, this is very close to the string I want. but the output is like ABCad M\unicipal M\arket B\udget.

How can the \  marks be removed

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Try this:  Regex_replace([Field1],'([a-z])([A-Z])','$1 $2',0)

saachitalwar
8 - Asteroid

this worked!

there are some other instances as well like ABCad100%TreasuryBudget  and ABCadU.S.Budget

Can you help with thi s please

Labels