Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Display UK Financial Year & Quarters

PamG
7 - Meteor

Hello

I hope I can get some solution as to how to display UK Financial Year and Quarters.

For my UK Financial Years starts from 1st Apr and ends 31st Mar.

I need to be able to display a new column indicating which UK FY a specific date falls into.

Eg, please see image of how I would like to be able to identify a specific date from a lengthy spreadsheet to indicate my UK FY and Quarters to display it as FY 2022-23 and FY 2022-23 Q1 etc..

PamG_0-1676638658748.png

Huge thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @PamG 

This can be achieved with the help of lookup table.

ShankerV_0-1676639466569.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

PamG
7 - Meteor

Hiya @ShankerV

Thanks for speedy response, really appreciate it.

This is brilliant and what exactly I need, however, I omitted to mentioned that in my image above where its states "FY written as" this is missing field is in my dataset.

Everything else you've outlined would work except for that bit, its like we'd need to take a step back and put in some formula to change/ input into Column B the appropriate FY 2022-23  or FY 2023-24 etc. based on whatever the date is written in Column A.

PamG_1-1676659779434.png

For my finalised data output I need to have both Columns B and C available to perform analysis. 

Is that possible?

Your help would be appreciated if something like that can happened without it being cumbersome.

Thanks

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @PamG 

Please find the expected output.

ShankerV_0-1676662303510.png

Many thanks

Shanker V

PamG
7 - Meteor

Dear @ShankerV

A gigantic thank you for helping us out with this - it works amazingly perfect for my needs at present. Was hunting high/low for such info on here but most of the result was based on US FY. Thanks again and have a great day. Regards,

Labels