Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Deleting all records from a Database Table using Alteryx

abdullah_noor23
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me how can I delete all the existing records from a database table using alteryx? Keep in mind I am not trying to write any new data, only need to remove the existing data. So, Can't use Delete & Append Options. Can anyone please help?

4 REPLIES 4
KavyaSri9
7 - Meteor

Hi @abdullah_noor23 ,Use any filter which gives you no data and write the data to Output tool.

KavyaSri9_0-1680815906770.png

abdullah_noor23
7 - Meteor

@KavyaSri9 ,

It does delete the data but all the dtatypes in the table column converts to double (8). So When I am trying to write on the table it gives me an error.

abdullah_noor23_0-1680817941833.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

You can force the data format/type/size by sticking a select statement after your final calculations, but before the 'output'. 

Taking it one step further, create an entirely new flow that does all the same output , and simply create a text input with zero data, followed by a select statement where (same as my first sentence) you dictate exactly what names, data types, sizes the columns are, and output that to the same tables with delete/append. 

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

ps - if this works for you, please select answer for a solution. thx

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels