Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dealing with absolute values

Sifiso
8 - Asteroid

Hi folks.

I want a formula that will look at [Local cost], if there are two equal numbers but opposite (2 598 200.935 & -2 598 200.935) THEN change [conversion rate] of the absolute number to match the opposite number.

This will help us eliminate the variation in the [main cost]

Sifiso_0-1652671845248.png

Desired results

Sifiso_1-1652671883156.png

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Sifiso 
We can create a new column for the abosolute "Local Cost" then group the data with it.

Using Multi-Row Formula tool can compare the two adjacent rows and update the value.

0516-Sifiso.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Sifiso, try this workflow. I hope this helps!

If this post solves your purpose please mark this post as a solution.

grazitti_sapna_0-1652677852981.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Sifiso
8 - Asteroid

Hi Qiu.

thanks for your help, it seems like there is something that I am doing fundamentally incorrect. I am getting the following error by the formula tool

Sifiso_0-1652687480839.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@Sifiso  as the error says that the field 32_Local- Cost Value is a string type field therefore I would suggest you to apply select tool and change the datatype of this field to double.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Sifiso
8 - Asteroid

Thank you sir

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@grazitti_sapna 
Thank you for taking up the question. 😁

Labels