Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Deactivate All Licenses

ktipping
7 - Meteor

How can one, from Alteryx Designer Desktop, deactivate all licenses associated with a corporate account?

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@ktipping 
There should a cooperate Alteryx License admin in your organization.
the Admin can revoke the alteryx licenses associated with a corporate account.

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@ktipping From Designer, go to Options-->Manage Licenses

In the Mange License pop-up, select the license and click 'Deactivate License' button.

ktipping
7 - Meteor

@Qiu - Thank you, is there a way I can confirm admin status from the desktop designer?

ktipping
7 - Meteor

@nagakavyasri - This would only allow me to de-activate my own license, however, I need to de-activate all licenses associated with the company. 

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@ktipping You can check if you are admin in Alteryx server gallery, only admins can deactivate all the companys licenses.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @ktipping 

If you want to revoke multiple licenses at one time, you can utilize license portal API via Download tool. 

https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/license-and-activate/administer/licensing---downloads-portal-api...

Or, you can obtain License API Tool in marketplace, instead of configuring Rest API in Download tool by yourself.

https://marketplace.alteryx.com/en-US/home

Please note that, in both cases, you must have license admin role to get the API access key. If not so yet, try to contact with license admin person/s in your organization.

Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi @ktipping, we cannot deactivate all the licences from designer desktop. Only Anyone having a admin licence  can do so.

ktipping
7 - Meteor

@nagakavyasri  @gawa  @Manoj_k  - Thank you all for the responses!

Labels