Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Days Contained Data in Column

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have two columns of data that contain the days of the week a flight is operational.

Each column is for a certain flight that operates on those stated days.

The outcome I want to achieve is to know if the days that are contained in the "Right_Operating Days" are within the "Operating Days" column.. it does need to be an exact match, but there do need to be matches. Example attached. 

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @sevans ,

I have created a workflow that answers your question. I have also added two additional columns that will tell you which of your days matched and which didn't, I thought that would be helpful to know.

Screenshot 2020-11-06 182911.jpg

Please let me know if that worked for you, by the results I got it seems to be working fine.

Regards,

Angelos

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can use a text to columns to split the concatenated values apart. From there, you can use a contains() formula to create a flag for if the value is contained in the other list.

echuong1_0-1604687748368.png

sevans
7 - Meteor

@ AngelosPachis

Thank you very much for this workflow, this does exactly what I wanted.

The additional clarification to confirm what days are and are not included is also very useful!

Many thanks 

Labels