Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DateTimeDiff

erinrog
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! I used the DateTimeDiff formula to take the difference in months between the date now (DateTimeNow()) and a date column in my data and created a new column (called Month Diff) to display the difference. From here, I want to filter out so I only see data from within the past two months. I thought that using a filter for [Month Diff] <= "2" would be the right approach here, however, after running this filter the True output still shows results with differences greater than 2 months and I am not sure why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(First screenshot shows my formula for the difference in months formula which worked and gave the MonthDiff output column; second screenshot shows the filter for the MonthDiff column to be less than or equal to 2; third screenshot shows the output from that filter which still includes data in the MonthDiff column that's greater than 2) 

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@erinrog 

In your formula tool you have assigned "Month Diff" to be a String, please change to Int16.

then remove the double quote in your filter tool around the number 2 and lets see if it will be correct after that.

DateTimeDiff1.pngMonth Diff Filter1.png

erinrog
6 - Meteoroid

That worked, thank you!

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@erinrog kindly mark @Qiu 's post as an accepted solution to close the thread and help people find the solution faster. Thanks!

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels