Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date value become Null issue

k3pineapple
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,  

I tried to convert the date data type from "V-string" to "Date" in select tool, but failed. sample below.

Date Data Type: V-String

Bug Refernce1.PNG

Date Data Type: Date

Bug Refernce2.PNG

Seeking your kind help to fix it to do the data type switching. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @k3pineapple a date in Alteryx can only be YYYY-MM-DD format you will need to use the Date time tool or a formula to parse your dates into that format for it to be a date format. Using Datetimeparse(Your field,"%Y/%m/%d") in a formula tool will work.

Datetimeformt_05092023.JPG

k3pineapple
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis thx Joseph, my output is required to be such format with "/", is it possible?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @k3pineapple yes any other format other than YYYY-MM-DD will then have to be a string in Alteryx. As I mentioned you need to parse your date into a YYYY-MM-DD format if you want to utlise any datetime functionality within Alteryx. Then you would need to use a the datetime tool or a formula called datetimeformat to get your date into the desired format such as having YYYY/MM/DD . 

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @k3pineapple 

1- If you want to output field type as date, then you can only get date format as 'YYYY-mm-dd' like '2023-06-02'

DateTimeParse([_CurrentField_], '%Y/%m/%d')

2- If you want to output field format as 'YYYY/mm/dd', then you can only get field type as '*String' like '2023/06/02'

k3pineapple
8 - Asteroid

@JosephSerpis thx, seems like, im a little over-think here, if data type is date, YYYY-MM-DD in alteryx will auto converted to YYYY/MM/DD in excel 

Labels