Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Time Help - Week Ending

Anweinbe
7 - Meteor

Hi all, I think I might be missing something rather simple...help is appreciated!

I have a report of transactions that occurred throughout the quarter. I have the actual date of each. I was hoping to create a new field that formats the date to be the week ending date so I can summarize.

For example, all the transaction May 20th - 26th would display May 26th. All transactions May 27th - June 2nd would display June 2nd etc.

I'm not sure if Alteryx workweek would be Sunday - Saturday, Monday - Sunday etc. so perfectly fine if I need to modify the above a little bit. Either way I want weekly trends.

My current dates are formatted as such: "4/30/2024 23:25" I figured this is relevant to my question.

Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Anweinbe 
We can do some magic with the DateTime function.

We first find the day of Week  as integer and add the difference with 7 to current day.

%u Day of week as a decimal, 1 to 7, with Monday as 1.

0606-Anweinbe.png

Anweinbe
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

Very fancy! Worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Anweinbe 
Glad to know that.

Labels