Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Date Interface integration with a filter

Leandro-Dllula
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I'm trying to use a "Date" interface and connect it to a filter tool so I can pull the date from that date in particular, but I'm not sure why is not working properly. My filter does not change, when I review the output file.

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Is the Action tool configured to replace the value and is the value typed as "Replace a specific string"? This article helps detail it a bit: Using interface tool to update date in Filter tool - Alteryx Community

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can use the Debug feature of Interface Designer to ensure that the value is passing through correctly. As a reminder, hitting Cntrl+R on the workflow won't show any new value you pass through - using the Debug feature is great to see how an app value passes through the Date tool and inserts into your Filter. Debug Workflow | Alteryx Help

Leandro-Dllula
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alex this is how it is set up on the Replace a specific string, but still it does not change when I put a new date in. [Date] = "2023-02-27"

apathetichell
19 - Altair

are you configuring your action tool to replace a specific string - and the specific string is 2023-02-27 (no quotes) - and are you running as an app (via wand) - not as a workflow? If so - post your workflow - that should be working.

Leandro-Dllula
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks! that was the solution

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels