Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dataverse Output Tool - Update Lookup values

HBMike
5 - Atom

I'm currently using Alteryx to correct migration problems from our Practice Management system to Dynamics 365 Sales. I can update the custom entity name using the Dataverse Output tool but when I try to update a Customer data type for the entity it doesn't work.

I've set up two outputs to test differences in account permissions for the tools, one has full admin rights

tools.png

The input for these from the browse tool

browse.png

The redactions are the same string of a company name

The Dynamics metadata

dmeta.png

When I select the first two columns for input to the Output tool the name is updated. I've tried using the logical name for the primaryrecord and also including variations of the primaryrecordtype since it's a Customer Lookup. I've used "Account Name" to see if that would trigger Dynamics to work out what type it was looking up.

I used Alteryx desktop designer for a few years to 2018 but not used the Dataverse tools; completed some of the partner led advanced courses, even had a year or so experience with Dynamics on prem as system designer and admin, though had to leave the dev to a qualified consultant. So with a bit of knowledge and experience behind me, be as critical as you like with explaining the simple mistake I'm sure I've made.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels