Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Time Output not working

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I have searched Alteryx support topics and documents before coming to the discussion to ask this question. 

I have an Action Date field that is MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss and I am using the Convert Action Date tool to try and convert it to a Date/Time format.  The Output is null (100%) and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  Please see attached for data example and screenshot of the Covert Action Date tool.  Please help. 

Thanks, 

Adam 

9 REPLIES 9
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Adam_B The Action Date is already in the DateTime format

image.png

jsamstad
7 - Meteor

Alteryx already reads the column as DateTime. You can convert it to a string if you desire using the DateTime tool or leave it as is.

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs It is a String, I need to convert the field to the Date/Time 

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Not sure I understand, the select tool still shows it as a V_WString post convert Action tool.  The select before the Convert Action Tool shows as a V_WString. 

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@jsamstad @binuacs 

See attached, I used the Field Info tool, see attached. 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Adam_B Are you reading from the excel file or from the text input? If you are using the input file as your excel then it would read as DateTime type

image.png

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs The example file is a just that.  My actual data file is a CSV and it is showing V_WString

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Adam_B in that case use the DateTimeParse() function

image.png

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs THANK YOU!!!!!

Labels