Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Comparison

Scott_B
5 - Atom

Hi. I have a workflow that runs once a day and pulls in salesforce forecast data. What I need to do is find out what changed from the prior day for a specific column. I feel this is probably child's play for Alteryx but I'm having trouble finding the right tool. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Scott_B 
Maybe we can do something like below if I understand your intention correctly.

On day 1, while pulling the data, save the data into a shared location before any further processing.

Then Day 2, you can read data of day 1 from the shared location and compare with data pulling as day 2.

gaoa
11 - Bolide

Hi @Scott_B 

Assuming the files are in the same format, maybe use Join and then Formula to calculate the difference between columns.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @Scott_B 

Kindly consider generating a sample:

1. table 1 = yesterday's forecast data (please include all the critical fields - the field value can be washed data)

2. table 2 = today's forecast output

3. the field names from table 1 for which you'd like to evaluate for any change

The community can suggest treatments/ tools based on your desired outcome.

Cheers!

Scott_B
5 - Atom

Hello. As it turns out I was able to get get access to a different table in Salesforce that eliminated my need for the compare. I appreciate the responses and believe all of them would have worked.

I do have a follow up question for the group. In my research for this question I came across a reference to a Compare tool. Is that a tool that use to exist? Here is the description I found. 

"Data Comparison: You can compare the original data with the refreshed data using the Compare tool. The Compare tool allows you to identify differences between two data sets and highlight any changes that have been made."

Labels