Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Core Certifications

hlannguyen
8 - Asteroid

Hello Professionals,

I'm confused how to solve challenges such as: compute the averages on an excel file for a field that combines both numbers and texts. E.g., a column shows the dates and a column shows all numbers. I could convert the dates to view weekdays, but Excel doesn't allow me to filter specific date. Please instruct me how to work on problems like these.

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @hlannguyen 

Are these real data provided during Core exam? If so, you should cancel your post because disclosing the exam material would be violation to terms&condition.

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Agree with @gawa 

hlannguyen
8 - Asteroid

Hello @gawa ,

My apologies I didn't know about that. I removed the files and edited the post. Please let me know if it's okay now. However, I'm still confused how to solve those issues. Much appreciated if professionals could guide me where to access the learning resources to clear my confusion.

hlannguyen
8 - Asteroid

Hello @aatalai ,

I'm using this learning path but don't see something similar to help clear my confusion. Much appreciated if you can guide me more how to solve challenges like this.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@hlannguyen My strong recommendation is "Weekly Challenges"

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenges/bd-p/weeklychallenge

Try to solve the past challenges which difficulty is 'Basic' and certification level is 'Core'. When you finish a dozen of challenges, you will be naturally ready to pass.

hlannguyen
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @gawa for the link. Working on weekly challenges now.

Labels