Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Core Certification Resources

mattyrags
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to Alteryx and have begun the Getting Started path. 

My work is requiring me to earn the Core Designer Certification in the next few months.

Can anyone suggest any additional resources, outside of Alteryx docs and the Academy to help me learn and prepare for the exam?

Or, is there already a thread with these kinds of recommendations that someone would kindly point me to?

Thanks so much for any help that can be provided :-)

9 REPLIES 9
gaoa
11 - Bolide

Hi @mattyrags 

That's a very good question! Check out the replies in this post that have very good information: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-ace-alteryx-designer/td-p/91311... 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@mattyrags 

In my opinion, I suggest you to do many weekly challenges to be autonomous quickly. Choose the challenges which include tools used in Alteryx core certification and do many of them.

It helped me a lot.

JSheppard98
8 - Asteroid

Weekly challenges and definitely being familiar with the cross tab/transpose tools (imo) and formula/filter tools to answer the practical questions

mattyrags
6 - Meteoroid

@gao @JSheppard98 @Emmanuel_G

Thank you all (and anyone else who leaves suggestions) for the help!

I look forward to reporting back when I earn my certification!

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Sure thing, @mattyrags 

Outside of Alteryx docs and the Academy and Discussion threads in the Community, consider:

1. In Alteryx Designer, be familiar with (or how to get to) Help --> Sample Workflows --> Learn one tool at a time + Clean and prepare data + Describe what is happening

2. Be familiar with the Alteryx Interface (Canvas + Options + Settings)

3. Learn to recreate the question that is being asked by moving quickly with Text Input + Preparation + Join + Transform

Use the certification prep guide + practice test.

IMHO, there is no reason at all to go out of the Alteryx ecosystem -- the test is an open book, so you might practice having a browser open and searching for Alteryx + your question --> scan results 

Cheers.

I hope you find this helpful.

mattyrags
6 - Meteoroid

@RobertOdera

Thanks very much! This is great information : -)

mattyrags
6 - Meteoroid

@RobertOdera @JSheppard98 @Emmanuel_G @gaoa 

I wanted to say thank you again to each of you for all of your suggestions and resources.

I passed my exam today on my second try and am feeling quite accomplished at the moment!

Thanks very much! You all are awesome!

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@mattyrags Congrats ! 🙂

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

You're most welcome @mattyrags 

Congrats on your achievement 👍

Labels