Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Control container: Internal Error - Anchor was not closed

RexLi10
5 - Atom

Hi All,

My workflow has several nested control containers within a parent control container. In particular situation, user need to disable some nested control containers. In 2023.1.1.123 version, this process works normal, however, if my workflow run in 2023.2.1.51 or above version. The workflow crashed and pop-up an error message: "Control container: Internal Error - Anchor was not closed." I found another post in Alteryx community that described same issue. And the solution is to remove nested control container or ensure all nested control container is enabled. However, this solution is not suitable for me, anyone have another solution? Many thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

I'm seeing the same thing, Control containers are having problems with Macros

"Error: Control Container (11): Internal Error - Anchor (11:Log) was not closed"

sowjanyayinti
7 - Meteor

This is still happening and i am on the latest version. And yes, happening only when we use macros inside a control container.

I did notice something and not sure if this helps any of you. If your control container has a 'Select' tool then the anchor was not closed error appears. When I remove the select tool then no issues.

Attached screenshots for reference

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you please share the workflow to replicate this issue? What version of Designer are you using?

sowjanyayinti
7 - Meteor

I am on version Version: 2024.1.1.17. It will be hard to share workflow right now as it is a huge reconciliation workflow with internal data. However, the error occurred when I was using the Multiple Excel Sheet, tabs macro that was provided in the alteryx gallery. 

Now that I am typing this, I realized I didn't get this error when I used the same macro in a different workflow. I will try and mask the data and send the workflows in next day or two.

Labels