Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Continue in Loop Iteration Using Alteryx Macro

Anastasio_Theohari
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I am running a batch flow reading a folder with multiple *.csv files..

Anastasio_Theohari_0-1646315562660.png

This folder containes files with fileNames dates like FILE_20150131.CSV,FILE_20170731.CSV,FILE_20220301.CSV etc...

Anastasio_Theohari_1-1646315712469.png

In the macro,i have one container that i want to read data only from FILE_20200226 and later and bypass the previous date_files...

In the other containers i would like to read all the files.

Is there any way to execute continue statement if the file is older and bypass all the previous files?

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Anastasio_Theohari 

Are you actually using an iterative macro or is this simply a batch macro to read multiple csv files? Without knowing more details the simplest option might be to read in the file name as a field and just filter the data for FILE_20200226 to go to the special container and have the other records go to a different container.

Anastasio_Theohari
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did this but it is going to the output and truncate the data,this i would like to avoid..

In some way i would like to go to the next file in the begging of the flow..

Anastasio_Theohari_0-1646317295516.png

Labels