Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Consolidation of different tabs from different excel files

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, I want to consolidate the data of a particular tab having similar schema but the worksheet name is different in multiple files, I want to consolidate the data for all the files having the similar worksheet. Can anyone please guide me. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Brando
8 - Asteroid

@Kaishthis sounds relatively easy to do with the directory input, data input, and join / multi-join tools.

Do you have some example data and we can mock up a workflow to achieve this?

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hey Brando, thanks for replying, We can connect to discuss this. I need some expertise as I am new to Alteryx. Kindly let me know how can we discuss this.

Brando
8 - Asteroid

@Kaish 

We can discuss in this thread so when someone else runs into the same problem, they can find this and follow the steps we explored. You can attach files, do you want to reply with some files you'd like me to experiment with and I'll see what I can do?

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Apologies for not sending the data because of confidential data of my organisation, I can explain the requirement. Suppose we have 5 different files, each file having multiple tabs, out of those tabs we have a tab in each file which is similar and has same schema, we need to consolidate that tab for all the files. Can you create an example out of this. It will be very grateful.

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide
Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @brando, As requested I am sending an example file, Could you guide me the output in Alteryx. I will be very grateful if the community members can guide me through the process. thanks.Screenshot 2024-05-11 161039.png

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, can anybody guide me through the solution please.

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

From each file you have different sheets names

You have use manually process to input data into workflow.

If each file has same worksheet name then we could have build a batch macro 

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Kaish 
part one of complete problem
Mark done if this is solved.

Labels