Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Consolidating Data with several Matching fields

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

Hi Friends,

I'm working on a 12 month budget with several rows of data and I want to consolidate all rows that have identical ACCT_NO + DEPT_ID + VENDORID.

with my limited experience, I'm thinking of using a summarize tool to combine all rows that contain 3 identical values, but not sure how to build that reference. Please let me know if you can help.

In the example below, the bottom 4 rows would be combined to make a single row. I've attached a sample workflow

gabrielmier222_0-1684941711700.png

thanx in advance, happy day

6 REPLIES 6
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Are you looking to Sum the Month Ended January 2023 and concatenate the NOTE-Month Ended January 2023 if you consolidate the ACCT_NO, DEPT_ID, VENDOR_ID?

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

Yep. Exactly!! 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Summarize tool will work for it. Group on the ACCT_NO, DEPT_ID, VENDOR_ID, Sum the Month End and use the String>Concatenate on the Notes.

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

One other note, make sure the Month end is changed to a Double back in your Select tool. Its set to String right now which wont SUM it. 

gabrielmier222
7 - Meteor

This is working perfectly, except the output on my summarize tool only brings in the 3 fields we grouped and leaves out the others. Can I bring those over with the same tool too?

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Yes, just group on those other fields in the summarize tool that are missing. 

Labels