Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Configure Tool - Analytical App

AmAm
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

So I am trying to create an Analytical App, but I am facing an issue.

For one of the input files, I want the data to start from the the 3rd row. Usually, when I run a Workflow, I would adjust the configuration --> "Start Data Import on Line". But I'm not sure how can I do the same thing using interface tools for an App. 

Also, does the configuration remain the same? or does it change with every new file? 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

The value to replace should be in FormatSpecificValues. For a CSV file it is ImportLine. When taking action be sure to browse all the categories of values. The parameters that are displayed in the Input Data configuration change according to the data source type.

soccertil1108_0-1650487144988.png

soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

If you need to handle any type of file with Input Data then you can use the Select Records widget, taking action on the range value.

soccertil1108_0-1650501256762.png

Labels