Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional run of containers.

Pradeep66
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I have a workflow which has 5 containers producing 5 outputs.

here is my scenario:

container1 has file 1 which gets union with history data needs to run every 20 mins. container2 to container 5 (4 containers) which writes 4 output files which needs to run once a day.

Shortly to put.

after the first run in a day these needs to get disabled with container 1 having file 1 getting union with history yxdb needs to get enabled.

all 5 containers to have enabled for first run of the day. 2 to 5 containers needs to get disabled after the first run of the day.

I

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pradeep66 

1)You can use the DateTimeDiff formula to check de difference between DateTimeNow() - the datetime of the execution of the workflow - and the datetimes that something should or not happen:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669045163273.png

2)You can use the previous result to enable/desable containers:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Dynamically-enabling-disabling-work...

Pradeep66
8 - Asteroid

I am having 10 million records from alteryx that gets published to tableau every 20 minutes if there is a latest file. I have used count of latest file>0 as a boolean expression to pass to macro to enable or disable container. this in turn working good. Thank you @Felipe_Ribeir0  your reply helped me shape my direction of logic.

Labels