Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concat - Multi Field Trim/Regex formula help

cgoad61
6 - Meteoroid

I recently got a formula from a Community chat I found that works great to eliminate duplicates within concatenated fields.  I'm fairly new to Alteryx and this formula is a bit over my head... I'm not sure what each part of it is doing (although I'd like to understand it).  The problem is that it only works if the separator used in the Summarize tool is just a comma.  Since some of the information I'm working with has comma's within the data (not necessarily in the attached example), I'd like to use a different separator.  I would be Ok using a semi-colon (; ) or even better a semi-colon followed by a carriage return to the next line.  In my attached WF I used a different separator for each field as I was trying to see what would work but in the end I will use the same separator for all fields (I've tried a few different changes to the formula but couldn't get it to work).  I've also attached a file with the output I'm getting and I've included what I'd like to see on a second tab.

2 REPLIES 2
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Does it have to be regex?

Its a few more tools, but you can get the result you want with a transpose, split to rows, unique, and cross tab. You can choose your separator in the cross tab tool. I used semicolon and a new line character in the example I attached.pic.PNG.

cgoad61
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you SPetrie!  I'm sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner.  I had to make a few edits since my actual data is much larger but this worked.  Have a great day! :)

Labels