Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Components not caching anymore

miumarvin1
5 - Atom

I used to be able to cache certain components and the box around it and previous components would be outlined with a grey box.

Recently, when i have tried caching the same component, the box will not appear. When I right click on the component, it will say "Clear Cache" but if I go to run the project, it will act as if the data has not been cached and load it all again.

Please could someone advise how to fix this solution?

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@miumarvin1,

Short of a Restart, I'd try closing Alteryx and opening it again.  If that doesn't work, then I'd make use of CTRL-ALT-DEL and grab a cup of coffee.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hi @miumarvin1,

Have you enabled the runtime option of "Disable all tools that write output"? This will disable the caches from working properly; it is a bug that has been identified and due to be fixed in the next release.

Capture.PNG

Sam :)

miumarvin1
5 - Atom

Yes, that is currently ticked. I'll try again without it ticked, thanks

miumarvin1
5 - Atom

Thanks, SamDesk. It worked for me!

rmwillis1973
8 - Asteroid

It hasn't been fixed & it's making a huge negative impact on my ability to test workflows.

I am currently working out of the office & rely on caching to do a 1-time data pull, which then runs quickly on my machine running remotely from the work network.

The module is alrerady taking a long time to run when it's pulling from the network, and i cannot have sufficient time to re-run it from the network every time.

2019.3 - what a pain!

Labels