Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Complex Regex Assistance Needed

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I'm trying to use RegEx to tokenize a cell into multiple columns, however, I can seem to get the expressions to work as needed due to the varying possible outcome; 

Column to Parse:Q4A

Column Data: Accounting information;Default consignment details (pces, wgt, dims, pkg);OSI;SSR;Shipper & Consignee;Special Handling Information: IATA Required Declarations;

I've attached an example file, could someone help me with the solution? In the highlighted columns, I've shown the preferred outcome. 

sevans_0-1610041084316.png

Many thanks, Stuart

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

@sevans,

Is the goal to keep only the values 'Accounting information' and 'Shipper & Consignee'?

Greg

morr-co
10 - Fireball

Hi @sevans - I'm not sure of the exact output you are expecting. However, here is a sample that splits the data on semicolons.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I have a feeling my solution is similar to @morr-co but I'm also not sure I know exactly what you are looking for.

Also, I found this website super helpful for testing ReGex expressions: https://regex101.com/ 

sevans
7 - Meteor

Thank you @morr-co of the two solutions posted this works better for my workflow. Many thanks for your help!

sevans
7 - Meteor

Thanks @phottovy This solution also works but the other solution works better for my workflow. Essentially, the responses in 4A are the result from the users selecting multiple choices from a survey and so, when I analyze the data I need to know how many countries (globally) have selected a particular response. Hope this helps. Many Thanks

Labels