Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Complex Regex Assistance Needed

sevans
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

I'm trying to use RegEx to tokenize a cell into multiple columns, however, I can seem to get the expressions to work as needed due to the varying possible outcome; 

Column to Parse:Q4A

Column Data: Accounting information;Default consignment details (pces, wgt, dims, pkg);OSI;SSR;Shipper & Consignee;Special Handling Information: IATA Required Declarations;

I've attached an example file, could someone help me with the solution? In the highlighted columns, I've shown the preferred outcome. 

sevans_0-1610041084316.png

Many thanks, Stuart

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

@sevans,

Is the goal to keep only the values 'Accounting information' and 'Shipper & Consignee'?

Greg

morr-co
10 - Fireball

Hi @sevans - I'm not sure of the exact output you are expecting. However, here is a sample that splits the data on semicolons.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I have a feeling my solution is similar to @morr-co but I'm also not sure I know exactly what you are looking for.

Also, I found this website super helpful for testing ReGex expressions: https://regex101.com/ 

sevans
7 - Meteor

Thank you @morr-co of the two solutions posted this works better for my workflow. Many thanks for your help!

sevans
7 - Meteor

Thanks @phottovy This solution also works but the other solution works better for my workflow. Essentially, the responses in 4A are the result from the users selecting multiple choices from a survey and so, when I analyze the data I need to know how many countries (globally) have selected a particular response. Hope this helps. Many Thanks

Labels