Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining Data with an Excel that will be used by end users.

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

I have two data sets, the left data set has changes from an Excel Sheet that will be used ongoing, that I need to append to the right data set. These changes will need to be made depending on the scenario identified.  I have filters in place and they work, I'm struggling to find where I combine or join the two data sets after they've gone through and appropriate filter on the left data set. At this point I'm not sure where to go from where I am in my workflow.

Any direction would be appreciated thank you!!

Adam 

4 REPLIES 4
npariso
10 - Fireball

Could you upload a copy of the workflow you currently have? It would help in finding a solution!

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@npariso  Here's a screenshot of where I am stuck.  The whole workflow has attachments to SQL databases later down the workflow. 

Adam_B_0-1684874682979.png

npariso
10 - Fireball

You can use the Find Replace tool to overwrite any fields that you are planning to replace.

Using the unique ID from each input, you can choose which fields to replace, or you can also append fields that are not present in both data sets.

The 'F' input anchor on the find and replace tool should be the input for the original/master data set.

Let me know if this works!

npariso_0-1684876258303.png

npariso
10 - Fireball

@Adam_B If this solves your question, make sure you mark as a solution so others can reference!

Labels