Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Column header adjustment - Consolidated File

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I am facing a issue in adjusting column headers of different files, the headers are same ex- Name column but the same headers are different for different files ex. NAME, name. Therefore while consolidating the data I get multiple columns. Kindly guide me the steps so that I can create an output. Below I am attaching the data and this is what I want to achieve as shown in the Image. Kindly Support.Screenshot 2024-05-15 130131.png

5 REPLIES 5
Raj
16 - Nebula

@Kaish you can union them by their position
this will work for you

mark as done if this is solved

Raj
16 - Nebula

find the workflow attached.

Gaurav_Dhama_
9 - Comet

Quickest way to do this is by using "auto Config by position" in union tool, given that the column position remains same always.

Another method is:

If column name is consistent but just case differs e.g., Name, name, NAME etc.

• Then you can use dynamic rename, select all the fields and write the formula
    TRIM(UPPERCASE([_CurrentField_])).
  • This formula will make all the column headers as Upper case and remove any additional blank spaces.
  • Now you can use "Auto Config by Name" in Union tool.

If this answers your question, please mark this as solution.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @raj, thank you for your response, actually I am working in directory and union doesn't work on that, I have 50+ files so they are directly connected from the directory, therefore I cannot use union tool for this solution.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Gaurav, actually the auto configure by position in macro helped me to solve the issue. Thanks

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels