Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Coffee Catch ups

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Trying to automate a coffee catch up process for the team on a weekly basis without repeating the combinations in

the past. Managed to work out all the combinations, but I'm struggling to produce the new combinations that consist of the everyone on a weekly basis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Woon

13 REPLIES 13
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @WoonL 

Please see attached my solution. It's a bit of a brute force approach, but it should work for any even number of names that you feed it.

PhilipMannering_0-1606232662705.png

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Phil

Edit: Adding the 2020.2 yxmd and yxmc files.

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Greg & Philip! Both Solutions worked for the proposed solution.

(My bad for not mentioning this) However, I have 40+ participants in the actual data, which doesn't work too well with the proposed solutions.

I partially solved it by creating my first iterative macro as per attached. It outputs all the first unique pairs and remove past pairs. Problem - because it outputs the first unique pairs, it might miss one or two pairs from the actual list after a few loops.  

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

I had a similar problem like this & this thread helped.  🙂 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

HI @WoonL ,

Think I found a better solution. Should be able to handle a lot more participants. See attached.

PhilipMannering_0-1606407988180.png

Thx,

Phil

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels