Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Coffee Catch ups

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Trying to automate a coffee catch up process for the team on a weekly basis without repeating the combinations in

the past. Managed to work out all the combinations, but I'm struggling to produce the new combinations that consist of the everyone on a weekly basis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Woon

13 REPLIES 13
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @WoonL 

Please see attached my solution. It's a bit of a brute force approach, but it should work for any even number of names that you feed it.

PhilipMannering_0-1606232662705.png

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Phil

Edit: Adding the 2020.2 yxmd and yxmc files.

WoonL
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Greg & Philip! Both Solutions worked for the proposed solution.

(My bad for not mentioning this) However, I have 40+ participants in the actual data, which doesn't work too well with the proposed solutions.

I partially solved it by creating my first iterative macro as per attached. It outputs all the first unique pairs and remove past pairs. Problem - because it outputs the first unique pairs, it might miss one or two pairs from the actual list after a few loops.  

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

I had a similar problem like this & this thread helped.  🙂 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

HI @WoonL ,

Think I found a better solution. Should be able to handle a lot more participants. See attached.

PhilipMannering_0-1606407988180.png

Thx,

Phil

Labels