Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Code breaking after merging 1000 rows in Table tool

Sumedha992
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Community, 

I am trying to merge a set to rows with same data along with another set of data with different values along that same set of first set of data using Table and Layout tools.

Whole workflow is working fine except the point that it is breaking is number of rows in input excel file is more than 1000 and then first cell is getting merged with 9 columns.

Sumedha992_0-1680086916516.png

Appreciate your help in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Sumedha992
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, Please help in getting the resolution.

Sumedha992
6 - Meteoroid

Any help would be appreciated.

Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

I never face this in alteryx. but it looks similar to open text file in excel when they have some newline character or " or ' in between.

to test

try to use multiple field tool (after first select tool) to remove all symbol character.

if it solved mean it got something error character in between, then you can investigate which character cause the problem. 

apply for all text columns

formula: regex_replace([_CurrentField_],"[^a-zA-Z0-9]","")

Pang_Hee_Choy_1-1680776469099.png

Sumedha992
6 - Meteoroid

Appreciate your efforts, but this does not resolve my problem.

Pang_Hee_Choy
12 - Quasar

did you mind to share the workflow and data?
remove sensitive data if you want to. 

arunkumark_21
7 - Meteor

Hi Sumedha,

Have you found any resolution to this problem? 

I am currently facing the same issue.

arunkumark_21
7 - Meteor

After doing some trial and error I got a workaround which works for my use case.

The idea is to place the longest table at the beginning. If that is not possible then,

1. Pick one column from the longest table using select and then bring in Table tool

Capture.PNG

 2. Set Column rules to make it as blank as possible-I set all colours in table settings to white.

and replace the data with hairline space.

Capture2.PNG

 3. Join with other tables and make this table the first one. 

Downside is in excel we will have the first column empty. But this solves the problem.

Labels