Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Claims Data Investigation

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Hi Folks - I'm trying to simplify a process where I'm using a join to highlight mismatched records between a claims file and mainframe file.   There is a many to many matching condition here so I'm trying to make the records unique but using 'policy # + Claim #'

We are trying to identify situations where information in the claims system is not matching the information in the mainframe system, specifically the customer Phone #, customer email, and customer bank account.

Is there a better way to analyze this data??  The sample data I've attached will highlight the testing we're trying to accomplish.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I'm still an Alteryx rookie so looking to understand how others approach such issues.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Zas3nfkb
8 - Asteroid

Assuming the fields match, you could union the datasets, then use a group by whatever you are checking and use the count function. If count <2 you know its a mismatch for that record. This would probably be more efficient from a processing standpoint. You can do this for each field you are checking or if you wanted to check all 3 fields, then group by all 3 fields and check. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1644593871043.png

Output:

atcodedog05_2-1644593974155.png

Hope this helps : )

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @atcodedog05@Zas3nfkb - appreciate your input.  We still have an issue with the amount of records in these files which is why I was trying to make the records more unique but concatenating the Policy # and Claim #, the join will likely break down and not execute fully.   We have reached out to our source to rework the data a bit, but wanted to try something while we waited.  This will work, just a matter of fine tuning the data.

Thanks again for your help and learning opportunity!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @George_Fischetti 

Cheers and have a nice day!

ECO
5 - Atom

Hi, can we connect mainframe to alteryx? do you have step by step process? thanks in advance

Labels