Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Checkbox to filter results

RSchomer
7 - Meteor

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get this to work.  I have data that comes in from a query.  By default, it has all the data I need and I am trying to design an app to allow the user to select a check box to filter the results they see.  There two fields/columns that have Boolean values, NF and TR.  I want a check box to represent each of those fields.  If a user selects 'Show NF' then I want it to show for them, otherwise hide it from the results.  Likewise, if the user selects 'Show TR' then I want to show them those rows.  If neither are selected, I do not want to show when either NF or TR fields are true.  Inversely, when both fields are selected, I want the user to see them. To me the logic seems simple enough, but I just can't figure out how to make it work in Alteryx.  

I have attached an example of the data and my fleeting attempt to solve the problem.  

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @RSchomer 

Try using detour tools. This will allow you to apply your desired filtering logic. 

Luke_C_0-1659366803633.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Something like this should work?

(I think in your example your "both checked" scenario is wrong as all say "show" when it should only be "show" when NF=True and TR=True... but easy  to modify)

RSchomer
7 - Meteor

I think you're right about my mock up.  Guess I got confused.  

BTW both solutions will work for me.  Thank you both.  Heck, I wasn't even aware of the detour tools.  This opens up a whole new world for me.  

Labels