Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Changing output location base on size of other outputs

jkell
Météore

I have a workflow that summarizes data and outputs it to a specific location in a tab with in an excel file (filelocation|||SheetName$A2:f50). 

Using the same data set, I also output un-summarized data to the same tab but under the summarized data. Generally I put the un-summarized data 10 rows below. (filelocation|||SheetName$A60:Q500).

Is there a why to make the cell locations more dynamic for both of these? For example if the summarized data only results in 10 lines, I dont want there to be a 50 row gap between the summarized and un-summarized data. Alternatively, if the summary results in 60 lines, I dont want to encounter an error, determine how many rows are needed and then adjust both outputs.

3 RÉPONSES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Your cell reference could be derived from a calculation. Perhaps the location of the raw data is something like,

'filelocation|||SheetName$A'+ ToString(2 + [SummaryCount] + 10) + ':Q'

Where,

• 2 is the start of the Summary
  • [Summary Count] is a count of records of the Summary Data (appended to Raw Data)
  • 10 is the gap between Summary Data and Raw Data

(I have deliberately omitted the end cell range row as I believe this is not needed)

Prometheus
Quasar

I used a dataset that has countries and capitals with their population as a sample. I used a Block Until Done tool to send detailed data through the Count Records tool. I then took this number (TopCount) and appended it to every record of the detailed data. I used it to dynamically update a formula expression that creates the full path. Coming out of the Block Until Done tool's #2 output, I sent the data to be summarized and counted every record using the Count Records tool again and named the field (BottomCount) at the Append Fields tool. I brought in TopCount and used both counts in a Formula tool to determine the range for the summarized data by adding 11 to TopCount and adding this number to BottomCount to create the summarized range. After this, I used Select tools to deselect unnecessary fields for the output (TopCount and BottomCount) and then configured the Output Data tools to Change Entire File Path using the field I created called "FilePath" and unchecked "Keep Field in Output." In the output, you get your detailed data on top and then 10 rows down, you get your summarized data.

Dynamic Sheet Range.PNG

TopCount.PNG

Formula Expression Counts.PNG

Change Path.PNG

Appended File.PNG

jkell
Météore

Thank you both - these work great!

Étiquettes