Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calculating the Difference for 2 rows

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to get the difference or DoD variance for 2 rows and 2 columns. Below is what I have so far. I just am not sure what tools I need to use or if I need to do something to re arrange my data so I can use a basic formula tool to just [column}-{column].

Jon_Taylor_0-1614882022186.png

Thanks,

Jon

8 REPLIES 8
Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Update i think changing the workflow to first split the position may be the best way to go about this.

Jon_Taylor_0-1614884070216.png

Thought?, Ideas?

Thanks

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Jon_Taylor ,

Is it always two records for each date and Position type?

Are you looking for one record per day?

it will help knowing this beforehand.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@Jon_Taylor ,

I see what you are doing.

It is one record per day..

I assume the DOD Long and short are the difference between the day and the day after.

example

Long of the 28th - Long of the 29th

Short of the 28th - short of the 29th

and then it will carry on like that

Example

Long of the 29th - Long of the 30th

Short of the 29th - short of the 30th

and so on

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Jon_Taylor ,

See if this makes sense to you.

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your responses. It is always 2 days but each day we move forward.

Due to my current version of Alteryx I am unable to see your solution. I have 2019.4 and do not think my company has the latest version. If you could post a screen shot so I can see your thought process at least that would be great.

With that said , I worked in collaboration with some other Alteryx users and was able to find a solution. 

Jon_Taylor_0-1614920327777.png

What we did was take one date and break it out. from there used a formula to flip the signage. After that we could use the summarize tool to Sum the columns. Still working on the output report but you can take a look. Each day the report should deliver an analysis of the current COB date and the prior date. Next report would have 1.30.2021 current and 1.29.2021 Prior. which I believe you see that is what is happening.. 

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Jon_Taylor ,

Sorry for the delay. Time is always of essence these days.

I have attached a zipped workflow which might have been difficult to open.

I am attaching a workflow which you should be able to open.

Please have a look.. It is just another way I guess but as they say all roads lead to Rome.

If you still cant open the workflow let me know. Screen shot below.

Capture24.PNG

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@Jon_Taylor ,

Forgot to attach workflow. here you go.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

BTW @Jon_Taylor  - if ever you have the issue with later alteryx versions, here's the solution: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Adjusting-Alteryx-Files-for-Differe...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels