Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Build Array in Designer and Pass to Download Tool

BJACKSON
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue when using the Download tool to post information. For my specific use case, I need to pass an array to the API, but the API is reading it as a string and not accepting my call. For reference, my json is in the following format: '{
"type": "Entity To Individual",
"parentId":"'+[parentId] +'",
"childId":"'+[childId]+'",
"ownershipPercentage": "100.00"
"relationRoleType": [
"Member"
]
}
'

The relationRoleType field is where the issue is as when i select is as an option in the payload tab and attempt to run it, i get a 400 error stating the relationroletype is an invalid field and needs to be an array. I have also attempted the 'Take query string/body from field' and 'Use following for query string/body' options but those options dont work either. My theory is that because the field type is a string and there is no array or list data type in alteryx that the download tool reads it in as a string, passes it to the API as a string, and then i get the error. 

Are there any solutions that anyone is aware of to pass an array to the download tool? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@BJACKSON it looks like you may be missing a comma in the body string after "ownershipPercentage": "100.00".

TeamData
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking for a solution to this issue as well.  Did you find a solution?

Labels