Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bringing One Week Of Data

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Hello there,

I want to automatically filter my data from beginning to end of the prior week (Monday to Friday). Right now I am using the range in the filter tool, but would like to have it done automatically.

I would appreciate any help! Thank you :) 

7 REPLIES 7
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Kristie_Pires,

Here is one way of doing it:

IraWatt_0-1656529880003.png

It checks the week and year number is the same as the week before you run it. And also checks its not a Saturday or Sunday. 

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I think if you put this expression in the Filter Tool it will do what you need,

datetimeformat(datetimenow(), '%U') = datetimeformat([Date], '%U')

It filters to the current week.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Kristie_Pires  building on @PhilipMannering answer you could also put this in a formula tool for the same effect :

datetimeformat(DateTimeAdd(datetimenow(),-7,"days"), '%y %U') = datetimeformat([Date], '%y %U') AND datetimeformat([Date], '%A') != "Saturday" AND datetimeformat([Date], '%A') !="Sunday"

IraWatt_0-1656530278335.png

This would check against the year (important if you have more then 1 year of data) and also the day of the week.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I'm assuming if the data runs from Monday to Friday you can disregard weekends.

@IraWatt Good catch with adding the year.

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @IraWatt  and @PhilipMannering for helping me out :) 

@IraWatt your solution got me the previous week's data that I was looking for! 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Kristie_Pires glad it worked 😄

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Today I noticed that the report wouldn't bring July 1st data. I think the custom filter works great only if I am not bringing the first of the month.

I want to bring data from June 27 to July 1st (last week in the calendar). Do you know how I could achieve that or what in the formula you gave me stops that from happening?

Thank you!

Labels