Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch macros within a macro

tmonroe
7 - Meteor

I have a macro working send data to a presql command, and then once that is done pulling the data from that table, linking back to original data, and then dropping the first table.  It was working for a while, and then I could not control the the order of operations.  I converted over to batch macros and believe this will work for me.  But now I have to link 3 batch macros together, and would rather just insert one macro in to program.  Is there a way to create a macro that has the batch macros within?  What I found when I tried that is I can not use the actions tools from the 2nd macro.  I guess since it is not a selected input tool.  I need to update the presql commands within my output tools, with the variable being passed to the 2nd macro.  So in first macro, you input the data, you match the fileds and enter a name for your table.  The the 2nd macro gets the output from the first as an input, and the table name as an input.  I would like to take that table name and run the presql command substituting the table name in the output tool. I am pretty new at sql, so not very good within SQL.  I was working when it was 1 macro, but something happened and it stopped working when I altered the macro.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels