Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Basic tables to excel sheets

gflanagan
5 - Atom

If in my workflow I have two tables - for example:

Veg

CountSheetname

Carrots

1Veg
Potatoes3Veg

Fruits

CountSheetname

Apples 

2Fruits
Pears3Fruits

My aim is to get one excel output with each table on their own sheet without the column 'Sheet name'. However that column is used to rename the sheet names to 'Veg' and 'Fruit', respectively. 

Currently both tables are formatted in 'Basic Table
I use  'Union' and then 'Layout' tool.

Layout mode: Each Group of Records

Group By: 'Sheetname'

Orientation: Vertical with Section Breaks

Section name: Sheetname

Using 'Render', this outputs one excel file, with two sheets named 'Veg' and 'Fruit', and the correct table on each sheet.

However, I have the column 'Sheetname' - how do I remove this from my output?

OR 

Is there a better way to rename my sheet names without bringing in this column so that it is not in the final output? 

5 REPLIES 5
Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

In your "Basic Table" tool, uncheck the Sheetname from column configuration, as shown below. That should fix it.

image.png

gflanagan
5 - Atom

I have Layout Mode as  'Each Group of Records'  
For me, this changes the view for 'Per Column Configuration' so that I do not have the option to unselect a specific column. 
Alteryx Query.PNG

Gaurav_Dhama_
8 - Asteroid

Not in the layout tool, inside basic table tool, you can create the table excluding the sheet name, group by sheet name so that same can be used in your layout tool.

Everything will remain same, just inside basic table tool, under column configuration uncheck sheet name. Have it checked in group by.

if that’s not clear I can post a snip of the flow in sometime.

gflanagan
5 - Atom

Ah amazing - thank you that works now. 

Labels