Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically Group by "All" as columns are removed/added

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I have a workflow where I'm using the summarize tool to remove duplicate records before the data is exported by grouping by all columns. The fields that go into the Summarize tool change over time(some are added and some are removed). 

I was wondering how I could get the summarize tool to always "Group by All Columns" without me having to go in and re-do the "Group By" each time a column is removed or added.

I tried playing around with combinations of Transpose and Cross Tab, but couldn't make it work.

Thanks,

Craig

3 REPLIES 3
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Have you tried using the Unique tool?  If all you're doing is removing duplicates this would be much easier than a summarise.  It won't automatically update when fields are removed or added, but it does have a Select All option to make it easy.

csh8428
11 - Bolide

@Christina_H I did think of this, but was hoping for a complete "set it and forget" it option. If I don't wind up with a "set it and forget it" option I will probably go with the Unique tool.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

It looks like there are some possible solutions here:

Solved: Unique tool with Dynamic or Unknown Options - Alteryx Community

Labels