Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Assistance on SharePoint Connectivity in Alteryx Designer.

UmaBharathiS
5 - Atom

We are trying to connect to SharePoint through Alteryx Designer using SharePoint List Input tool (SharePoint Version : Online/Office 365). The issue we are facing is "Proxy Authentication Required (407)". Why are we getting this error, could anyone assist us with possible solution to this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @UmaBharathiS 

SharePoint List Input tool is already depreciated, and is replaced by SharePoint Tool.

https://help.alteryx.com/20231/designer/sharepoint-list-input-tool

You can choose input is (1) Sharepoint Online File or (2) Sharepoint List, so it is comprehensive tool to connect to SharePoint service.

A couple of authentication method are available, for example, authentication via browser, which is easy to configure and useful.

UmaBharathiS
5 - Atom

Hi Gawa- Thank you for your response. I have installed the "SharePoint Input" Tool and I am trying to read the data(Lists) from "SharePoint 365 (Cloud)" .I tried with both the options available.

First, using "Browser Sign In as a User(OAuth)". Here I have provided the SharePoint URL and clicked on Connect. But I am getting Microsoft Approval Required popup wherein it was asking to provide justification. I have provided the same and sent for approval and then I have received an email from Microsoft Azure stating "Alteryx Analytics Connector access request received". Not sure what is this for. When I try to run after provided URL, getting "User must be logged in" error message. 

Secondly, I tried with "App Sign In (Use Service Principal)" wherein it is asking to provide ClientID, Thumbprint, Private Key, Tenant ID. Not sure where to get all this details.

Could you please assist me in solving the above issues/get all this details? Thanks in advance.

nahuelpeluffo
5 - Atom

Hello! How are you? I have the same type of error with the Browser Sign In as a User(OAuth). Were you able to fix it and if yes, how? I'm waiting for your answer, thanks!

Labels