Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assignments based on Priority Tier

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community,

I am looking for some help with the following case. I believe an iterative macro can do the job but unfortunately I haven´t been able to create a workflow that works.

I have 2 inputs.
1- A list with the names of reps that I need to assign some locations.
2- A list of locations already assigned to Reps.

I need to set a limit of locations to be assigned. In this case, for demonstration, I set as 50.

However, the nuance here is that I need to take into account its Priority-Tier. Meaning, I need to look at the tier 1 first and do the assignment. If there are enough locations (50) assigned to the rep on tier 1, perfect. If not, I need to go to tier 2 and assign more locations until it reaches the 50 benchmark; and so on and so forth.

Please, find attached the inputs for demonstration and let me know if I you need more info.

Thank you so much!!

2 REPLIES 2
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @gcosta,

I did a sample workflow around your question. The logic is to use a tile tool to rank the locations going from 1 to n (depending on how many you have). Then you do a join and filter on numbers superior to 50. The only drawback I see is in your example I do have 53 locations remaining which are not affected, you can see those after the filter

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi @Ladarthure,

Wow. Thank you so much. Such a simple solution. I was blocked trying to create an iterative macro and I couldn´t see anything else.

Regarding the drawback- actually this is not a problem is the intend of this case. Once the "50" mark is reached I don´t want any other location to move forward on the workflow.

I appreciate your help.

Many thanks!!

Labels