Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Applying same formula over multiple fields in a particular order

Eug_teng
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I would like to apply a formula to multiple fields in a particular order based on their field headers but I am unsure of how to go about doing it. Do see the problem below:

Sample Input

NumberCodeAddressRight_NumberRight_CodeRight_Address
123ABCstreet 11123ABCstreet 11
456DEFstreet 12457DEFstreet 13
789GHIstreet 13711GHQstreet 13

I would like to match the value in this order:

• "Number" -> "Right_Number"
  • "Code" -> "Right_Code"
  • "Address" -> "Right_Address"

If the values are matching, an additional column should be created with the output "Good", else "Bad"

Sample Ouput

NumberCodeAddressRight_NumberRight_CodeRight_AddressNumber_ReviewCode_ReviewAddress_Review
123ABCstreet 11123ABCstreet 11GoodGoodGood
456DEFstreet 12457DEFstreet 13BadGoodBad
789GHIstreet 13711GHQstreet 13BadBadGood

How do I get this output without having to use the formula tool and matching them based on field header name assuming I have alot of fields instead of just these few?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Eug_teng 
Hope this works for you and I believe you will agree that we have to give a definitive input for the columns for columns to be grouped. or your table names follow a certain pattern.

Capture4V.PNG

Labels