Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

App Input Tool

alteryxnoob2
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I'm creating an app that allows users to input their own file and add additional fields from a DataSource. Instead of needing each user to have the field format match identically to what the DataSource is I wanted to allow them to select the field in their input that will join with the Datasource. The problem I am having is that upon selecting the input file the list of fields isn't generating from the file allowing the user to select the field that will join with the DataSource.

Where am I going wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think you'll need a chained app - the first one loads the file, and the second does the rest. From my experience, you won't be able to "load" the fields from the file into the first Interface of questions without executing the app, thus necessitating a chained app: Chained Alteryx Analytic Applications

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels