Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Any method to concatenate values from a single column

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I have two excel reports input and there's a column showing the reporting date for each file. So after some processes, I need to export a file with dynamic sheets with the output Options chosen as "Overwrite Sheet (Drop)" and at the bottom "Change Entire File Path" selected. But as observed, say if there's a sheet3 created last time and today there's only actually sheet1 and sheet2 updating, the sheet3 still exists with the old data.

So now I think I need to dynamically name the exported file with a date to the file name and I'd like to concatenate the two dates in the reporting date column and add it to the file name. But now I have no idea of how to do this step. I was trying to find a way to get the max and min value or string from the column, but don't know how.

Anyone can help me on this? Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JokeFun ,

I'm not sure if I'm simplifying here, let me know if I am.

fmvizcaino_0-1583378794235.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino 

Thanks a lot! This is a good approach that does help.

Cheers!

Labels