Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytic App - Dynamic Checkbox List

DennisK
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm trying to build a dynamic app that will identify available fields and based on those fields will return a certain output.

The problem is that I need to dynamically populate the check box list tool with the available fields from a file. I set all it to "All Checked by Default" because that is a tricky way to transfer from regular tools (input tool in this case) to Interface tools (to use Condition tool later for closing not relevant containers)

Here is a screenshot of the relevant part of the app:

DennisK_0-1658818530362.png

You can see that I have 2 files that contain the fields list and the sheetlist, and both connect to a check box list tool, that will later connect to a condition and to an action over a container.

Configuration of the check box list tool:

DennisK_1-1658818624635.png

Configuration of the Condition tool (for reference)

DennisK_2-1658818681448.png

I really hope there's a solution within Alteryx 🙏🙏

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @DennisK 

By selecting available fields, are you meaning the data held within those fields; i.e not the field types instead the values in the field?

If that's the case yes you can connect the List Box to an external source to dynamically select specific fields; the list box example in Alteryx has some info on this, but you essentially select the following in the tool and point it to the external file:

DavidSkaife_0-1658826256236.png

You're input needs to mimic the configuration for manually set values, with a name and a value field in order for it to work.

DennisK
8 - Asteroid

I connected the list box to the intermediate file instead of connecting from an input file and it worked.

I just had to figure out how to create the correct format for it to read the name and values and it seems that I just need to create 2 column data file with "Name" and "Value" field names.

Thanks!

Labels