Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AlteryxAPISample C# application is failing with missing DLL error

dotnetravi
5 - Atom

I am trying to run the AlteryxAPISample application, but it is failing with the below error. I have copied the Base.dll file to the execution directory but still it is failing. 

System.DllNotFoundException: 'Unable to load DLL 'Base.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)'

Few additional inputs on this issue, C# application using the Altreyx version 2018.4 DLL reference is working without any issues. Issue is with the latest Altreyx version (2023.1.1), not quite sure if I am missing any prerequisites.

Please help me in resolving this issue. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
19 - Altair

The .NET API is deprecated as of December 2021.

https://help.alteryx.com/developer-help/net-api

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Which application are you running (ie where did you find it?) my hunch is it's no longer maintained...

dotnetravi
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response. I am using the sample code given in APIs\SampleCode directory.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels