Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx to AWS Redshift Connection Error

Suchit_kotak
5 - Atom

I'm trying to connect my alteryx workflow through Connect In-DB to AWS Redshift database, but as soon as I try to select the connection name the alteryx in my system crashes.

I checked the the error log of it and it says "database call has failed".

Please help me on the same. 

2 REPLIES 2
BRRLL99
11 - Bolide
  1.  Double-check that you have entered the correct connection details such as the hostname, port, database name, username, and password. Make sure there are no typos or errors in the configuration.

2. Ensure that your machine has proper network connectivity to reach the AWS Redshift database. You can try pinging the Redshift server or using other network diagnostic tools to confirm the connection.

3. Ensure that the user specified in the connection has the necessary permissions to access the database and perform the required operations. Check if the user has appropriate privileges to execute the necessary queries.

4. Make sure your AWS Redshift cluster is properly configured to allow connections from external clients. Ensure that the security groups and network settings are correctly set up to permit the connection from the Alteryx workflow.

5. Some firewall or antivirus settings might interfere with the connection. Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software and see if the issue persists. If the problem goes away, you may need to adjust the settings to allow the Alteryx application to access the network.

6. Ensure that you have the latest version of Alteryx and the Connect In-DB tool installed. Sometimes, software updates can address known issues and improve compatibility with databases.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

there are many reasons this could happen - but can you share screen grabs of your odbc 64 settings and your In-DB settings? 

Labels