Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx functionality questions.

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Hi Experts, 

I was watching Youtube's users created tips and tricks on Alteryx (ver 2018.2). In that, the user shared a few tips that I'm not able to replicate using my version of Alteryx (2019.4.8). The user's workflow file was created with .yxgp extension same as mine. 

1) The user could hover the mouse over to each tab and see where the file is saved (screenshot attached)

2) The user could right click on an open tab of the workflow and could see the options: a) New Horizontal Tab Group b) New Vertical Tab Group((screenshot attached))

I can't see any of the above options. These two options seem very useful, and hope you can help to find me those options. 

Thanks as always !! 

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Taxguy03,

1) I am currently using v 2019.2 and am able to hover my mouse of the workflow tab and get the location where it was saved. Someone with a higher version needs to come-in and confirm.

2) It looks like this functionality went away starting v 2018.3. There is a request out there to bring it back: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Where-are-vertical-and-horizontal-tab-groups...

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Thank you, 

Please take care and stay safe. 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

1) One quick way to identify the location of your workflow is to click on the Workflow tab of the configuration window. Not as easy as hovering your mouse, I know.

AbhilashR_0-1587930739523.png

2) I second that. You can upvote the existing request to push it up Alteryx's priority list. 

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Thank you, 

Labels