Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx does not recognize number

martinhugo
6 - Meteoroid

Dear community, 

I am currently working on an Excel (xlsx) database containing waste quantity by type of waste. Numbers are in tons, so with 4-5 decimals. 

When inputting the file in Alteryx, Alteryx does not recognize some numbers that are below 1 (e.g. 0,876) and put a 0 instead. The errors happen for some numbers only, starting with the input tool. 

Would you have any clue?

Please note I am using the online version of Alteryx (on Mac), so with limited tools & number formats. 

Thanks a lot,

Hugo

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If the number looks like 0.876, then you'll need to Replace the comma with a period so it can convert into a number properly! Typically a Replace or ReplaceChar function will do it.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This should be in the Designer Cloud forum - not the Designer Desktop. I'm mentioning that because Designer Cloud has a different internal architecture entirely and may have issues where Designer Desktop does not. Usually I'd check localization to see if I was reading , or . as my decimal separator. That may work on Designer Cloud - but this also could just be a Designer Cloud issue.

Labels